Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WATSKY


Today I wanted to share one of my interests is slam poetry, and I will be posting more about it specifically in another post but today I thought I’d introduce my love of Watsky. A sir Gerorge Watsky is a American rapper and poet some of you I assume have heard of him if not then ta da! Here is a chance to discover for yourself what a cool cat he is. A San Fran native that adores his city likes to performs slam poetry, and was featured on Season 6 of Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry on HBO. Watsky’s talents began to receive national and international acclaim in 2006 when he was the Youth Speaks Grand Slam Poetry Champion, and was also named Brave New Voices International Poetry Slam Champion. 

Below is one of my favorite for his performances called A letter to my 16 year old self


I’ve watched and listened to as many as performances and slams he has done, the first time I heard his slams I was in awe at his sheer talent, not just because he can also rap really fast but actually genuine talent for poetry/prose and performance.
His about to start a huge tour and tickets in the U.S. just went on sale, he will be coming to Chi-town here on April 9th! Guess who’s buying tickets?? I can’t wait to see him live that and I’ve made a resolution to go to more concerts this year. So anyone who’s a Watsky fan in the Chicago area buy tickets and join us at the show.  

A side note I feel as if I've been MIA from my own life lately I have been so caught up in work and the start of classes I have had a hard time reajusting so I will try to post more often! I just need to regain my footing be cause I have some fun posts planed.
Until tomorrow...Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment