Friday, December 28, 2012

A Salute To a New Resolute


The new year is but a few days away and a man asked me the other day what were my resolutions? I didn’t even know this man. He openly shared his one resolution with me, but when it came time to voice my own, I had no idea. There was the obvious like get better grades or sleep in less and be more proactive, but I felt like what I have gone through the past two years I needed more than to be more organized. Last year I didn’t really celebrate I had lost one of my best friends to a car accident, and it broke my heart. Between the bad break up, being laid off and losing someone I cared about I didn’t feel up to making resolutions and plans. I think it is time, so I ask one thing of all of you out there reflect upon your past year, this 2012 “the supposed end of the world” as some would say, think back thought the memories you have made, new friends, things you have done. "If you think back, and replay your year, if it doesn't bring you tears, either joy or sadness, consider the year wasted."(John, Ally McBeal)

So, here it is my goals for 2013:

So some resolutions I’d like to make it live the new year excited to wake up each morning, to keep promises, write that book I’ve been putting off, write more hand written letters to my family and friends, contact my family in Germany, to not be embarrassed of being a hopeless romantic, and the hope that maybe one day I can be the reason some else is inspired to do something great.
 
and a song I believe is my new tune for the new year:
 
Until tomorrow...Natalie
 

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic song!!! Love your resolutions especially the handwritten letters one. I'm gonna have to adopt that resolution! My best friend EVER moved to Maryland when I was little. Just got a Christmas card from her family but otherwise we're totally out of touch.

    Something that can help you with goals is a website I use called 43things.com. It's a community where you can have up to 43 big/small/whatever goals. Nice supportive place. My username is Leemylu. Also zenhabits.net is fantastico for life in general XD

    And who wrote that "if I knew where I was going next" thing?

    Sorry to hear about your friend. A student from my school was killed on Halloween weekend. Didn't know her but it was so horribly sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you are really sweet!I hope you write to her it really helps people reconnect after some time. Oh, about the writer of the poem I have no idea lol I came accross it on pinterest, but tell me if you ever find out. I like the 43things very cool idea I'll have to check it out! :)

      Delete