Saturday, January 12, 2013

I love your Funny Face...



Funny Face made in 1957 and fell in love with the beautiful George and Ira Gershwin songs like "S'Wonderful and How Long Has This Been Going On?". One of my absolute faves, plus it has Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire in it. Audrey is playing an assistant in a bookshop. I was younger when I saw this and it made an impression on me. Here is a woman who is confident, beautiful, smart, and might I add quite a dancer. Well, it wasn't until I was older I realized this is where I adapted all my dance moves from unintentionally lol 



A few of my favorite pictures, I love Fred Astaire and adore Audrey. The clip below is of in my opinion the best part of the film besides when they get together in the end, but it's very parisian beatnik and on this blog fits right in.



"I have no illusions about my looks. I think my face is funny"




Says the woman who is still considered one of the most beautiful women in history. I hope future generatiuons are as inspired bu her as much as I have been. Until tomorrow...Natalie.


No comments:

Post a Comment