Friday, April 19, 2013

Life Is Beautiful


I wake up to our basement flooding, the news blaring about Boston, my phone buzzing that it is time to go to work. This week alone weather aside has been rough. To those families dealing with the bombing in Boston and to those who lost Lingzi Lu across the globe, we are here for you in Chicago.

It is hard seeing all these things on the news everyday; I bet we all remember where we were and what we we doing the moment we hear about these events. I sometimes wonder about the people who do these things, don't they get tired of being so angry? I know the world is far from any form of perfect, but I worry about the families who have lost all over the world. Before 9/11 war was just another chapter in my history text book, life was simple. I thought the poster in my class of children from all over the globe holding hands was real. The word foreign was unknown to me, I thought the other side of the globe was just our neighbors despite the distance. These wars don't define us, I believe there is good out there; even where people least expect it. The Muslim people are not all the same, Americans are not all the same; we all have our own views, because we are individuals. We are all human beings, so I send out a request to my readers to pay it forward to your fellow man. Do something kind for another human being that doesn't benefit yourself.

So here is to today, and tomorrow, and ten years after that we can not let ourselves be afraid of these events and stop living our lives. Life is beautiful and I think we forget that sometimes when things get hard. Think that right this moment someone is being born and their today has only just started, and I know I want to show them how beautiful life is. My piece of advice would be to live life passionately, because any other way isn't living. Want more from life for yourself and others!

Think about all the things we live for...
Like love:
"Unless it’s mad, passionate, extraordinary love, it’s a waste of your time. There are too many mediocre things in life; Love shouldn’t be one of them.”
Being silly:
Adventure:
Friendship:
Beauty:


There is so much more people live for and sorry about my rant, but for today I'll leave you on this note. One of my favorite quotes from V for Vendetta is, "I hope that the world turns and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you. I love you. With all my heart, I love you." Until tomorrow...Natalie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment