Friday, December 21, 2012

It's Mrs. White with the thread in the sewing room


Sewing machine addition:
I received my White sewing machine from a man down my street. His mother had passed away and she had it stored but he wanted to clear out some old stuff since it had been a while and he was just going to throw it away! Can you believe that?! I just happened to be driving by when he put it out on the street and when I asked if I could buy it he said I could have it for free I was having the best day ever. Right after I picked it up it started to rain I took it as a sign I was meant to have it. I came attached to this desk and it has a side leg lever and is in amazing condition all working parts even the little light works! I was so excited to see it in action too I started making a dress with it. The desk it came with the draws were taped shut and when I opened all of them they were full of things to care for this machine. I have to say I may not have known this woman who owned this before me but I can say she loved this sewing machine, and I am lucky to have been given such a wonderful gift that was loved and cared for so much. I love to call the sewing machine Mrs. White like from Clue, but that’s also the name I gave the woman when I refer to her. It actually makes me more curious about her; as if there is a mystery there to be solved. What do you think? Should I brave the unknown for the answers, or just let there be a little bit of mystery left? I’m always looking for the next adventure. I kind of believe no matter how much I learn about, or discover there are always more mysteries.

2 comments:

  1. Cool! You should thank the man and then you should learn more about the woman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on it some time I'm very curious :) and I will so post as soon as I find out more

      Delete