Saturday, December 15, 2012

Churn Thy Butter

Hello! So today I'm going to share about this awesome online Magazine called Churn Thy Butter. Started by my friend Louisa Parzyk, you can find her on her blog Lem Writing.

 Churn Thy Butter is a fun twist to a poetry/fiction mag they are currently accepting submissions of the strange, creative, and definitely odd poems and short stories. Louisa is an very creative and talented writer I have come to know. Her and I got some of our work selected to be in The Prairie Light Review, and one of her submissions was absolutely fantastic. I also got to hear her read it aloud at the publication party. I was up next to read my work I was so nervous my legs were like jelly, in other words I'm not the best public speaker or the bravest. They are currently accepting submissions right now for new talent for the launch of the new mag. So go send some creative quirky story you have been dying to share!

My daily insperation:
I'm always needing a pick me up, just a little something to pump me up for my next project. This is one of my favorite quotes about being passionate. So go into tomorrow and your next activity; be it your job, school, or family activity and find some passion in life. When I'm at work I don't always care for the meanial tasks at hand but when I help a woman and her daughter find that perfect outfit for that interview and get her all excited and really boost her confidence is really what I look forward too. What do you look forward too? 
As Henry David Thoreau once wrote, " “I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die Discover that I had not lived.”



until tomorrow, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment