Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Let Your Heart Be Light

 


I recently held a Christmas party with some of my close friends and had a wonderful time. A fire some, old Christmas records, and good friends was a night of good times and to me feels like Christmas. It’s times like these where everyone, for a night at least, is within arm’s reach before they head back to their families, homes, schools all states away. Nights like that don’t come around as often as they should and when they do I can’t help but take a look around the room and memorize the moments to the smallest details. All my friends by my side laughing at old memories or a new one, the sweet smell of cider  pouring through the kitchen doors, a fire crackling in time with the music, the way the Christmas tree is illuminating in the evening to a gentle glow, and how I wish it could go on forever.
*sadly I had all the intention of taking pictures of everyone that night but failed to do so while rushing around with dinner it was quite a spectiacle let me tell you...we got a bit loud haha.

For dinner I had made a few things I had seen on other blogs. I will link the recipes and I recomend giving them a try! For dinner I made a spiral ham from trader joes not any special recipe, considering it was the first one I ever made I followed the instructions and asked my mother (I know kind of cheating) but I wanted it to be perfect. Then I made these accordion potatoes with rosemary and garlic:

 

They are amazingly tasty
*note: This is not the picture of mine since I failed to take photos but! they looked exactly the same and the recipe from a beautiful mess is amazing, I do recomend though if you are attempting them do smaller amounts for a decent longer time, since mine were a bit undercooked.

I also made stuffed shells:

 
*note: Also not my picture (i really need to get on myself about taking more of them!) anyway, I got the recipe from 101 cookbooks it's this cute blog about food and it had lovely photograghy of its yummy stuff they make. Definitely for foodies!
For snacks I made my special recipie for lemon bars which upon a later date I may with to share ;)
Another was a walnut and raisin pumpkin bread, gluten free vanilla bean cake, and gluten free choclate chip cookies. I guess you could say I was qutie busy, well to wrap this up I want to wish you all a merry Christmas, Holiday, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or any day you celebrate, so go be merry, be with loved ones and make this time a special one. Until tomorrow...Natalie

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment